[OM] IMG: My mamma did street photography

Subject: [OM] IMG: My mamma did street photography
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 00:26:19 -0700
Today I spent some time going through the boxes of photos left by my late mother. I posted a 1949 trip photo from the Grand Canyon earlier today. Evidently the trip inspired her to get a better camera, and she bought the Bolsey B2 rangefinder that she used for most of her life. I still have it. I found some Plus-X negatives rolled up in little cardboard tubes, and some corresponding prints developed by Willoughby's. The prints were marked "1949." I also found notes recording the exposures. I'm pretty sure this was her very first roll of 35mm film (her older photos were taken with my grandfather's folding camera).

Evidently she walked around the city taking pictures of things and noting down the exposure (I found the notes). Most of them wouldn't interest anyone but me, but this one is a bona fide street shot.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/14116847180/>

It appears that after that first roll of Plus-X, she switched to Kodachrome, and stuck with its various incarnations for the rest of her life.

--Peter