Re: [OM] IMG: Paris

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Paris
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 18:49:47 -0400
Well, it doesn't apply to me because I don't lease Royalty Free and never
will; however, this is Alamy's policy:

*Per the site:*
**************
As it is not possible to set usage restrictions on Royalty-Free (RF)
images, you need to ensure that all RF images are free from potential
legal issues for our clients. There are some things which should never
be Royalty-Free (RF), and should always be Licenced (L). These include
the following:

* People with no model release.
* Domestic buildings with no property release.
* Famous people.
* Logos, trademarks, copyrighted buildings.
o Images which are of a logo and little else should not be
uploaded to Alamy as they represent a breach of copyright.
o Where a logo/trademark is incidental to an image (i.e.
it's visible in the image but isn't the central focus), these images
can be submitted, but must be Licenced (L). You should restrict these
images for Editorial use only, as below (see the section on
restrictions for guidance on how to do this).
+ All Countries; Direct Mail/Brochures; All Medias;
All Industries; All Sub-industries
+ All Countries; Multimedia; All Medias; All
Industries; All Sub-industries
+ All Countries; Consumer Goods; All Medias; All
Industries; All Sub-industries
+ All Countries; Display; All Medias; All Industries;
All Sun-industries
+ All Countries; Advertising/Promotion; All Medias;
All Industries; All Sub-industries
+ All Countries; Personal/Presentations; All Medias;
All Industries; All Sub-industries

Examples of subject matter which should definitely not be submitted as
Royalty-Free are:

* General non-released celebrities
* Las Vegas sign
* Gerkin building London
* Eiffel tower at night
* Guggenheim museum
* City of arts and sciences Valencia
* Hollywood sign Los Angeles
* Oscar Award
* European union flag
* Olympic rings
* Atomium Monument
* Henry Moore Sculptures
* New York Chrysler building
* New York radio city
* Paris Louvre
* Paris La Defence
* Coca cola logo
* McDonalds logo
* Apple Mac logo

Evidently they think there is a problem with the Eiffel Tower at night!

Tina

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> That'd be ANYTHING with a face in it, right?
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Author/Publisher:
> The SLR Compendium,The TLR Compendium
> http://www.soultheft.com/storehouse_photopublish/
>

> On 31/05/2014, at 7:47 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I have many more photos violating French laws. It is a
> particular hobby of mine :-)
>
> --

Tina Manley