Re: [OM] Camera ordered for the brother, now software question

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera ordered for the brother, now software question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 08:35:30 -0400
I agree with Moose. Stick with the the free stuff which will certainly handle what the beginner will be interested in and perhaps even much more. The biggest advantage of PS Elements is ACR, layers and extensive help info on the web. But, when he first opens the box, he's a long, long way from requiring that. Viewer 3's help file and some basic explanations from you should be sufficient.

I suspect that my wife's opinion of my photos is probably typical of many people. She doesn't understand why I spend so much time working on photos... she thinks they're fine just as they came from the camera. Blown highlights, blocked up shadows and many other forms of photographic ugliness don't bother her one bit. Your brother may be the same. :-)

Chuck Norcutt