Re: [OM] Camera ordered for the brother, now software question

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera ordered for the brother, now software question
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 08:33:47 -0500
On 6/1/14 07:35 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I agree with Moose. Stick with the the free stuff which will certainly handle what the beginner will be interested in and perhaps even much more. The biggest advantage of PS Elements is ACR, layers and extensive help info on the web. But, when he first opens the box, he's a long, long way from requiring that. Viewer 3's help file and some basic explanations from you should be sufficient.

I suspect that my wife's opinion of my photos is probably typical of many people. She doesn't understand why I spend so much time working on photos... she thinks they're fine just as they came from the camera. Blown highlights, blocked up shadows and many other forms of photographic ugliness don't bother her one bit. Your brother may be the same. :-)

Chuck Norcutt

I hadn't even considered that... I hit the ground running with LR when I got the E-M5 so I never tried Viewer. Sounds like a plan. I can install it on my Windows laptop so we can work through it.

thanks!

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach