Re: [OM] WAS IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: Friends in Metz, NOW TRAINS

Subject: Re: [OM] WAS IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: Friends in Metz, NOW TRAINS
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 20:00:02 +0200
That was in the news indeed and sounded like a joke at first sight.

Yet, from what I understand most platforms will take the 341 wider new trains -
the remaining 1,000 platforms are old stuff that needed repair or alterations
anyway SNCF says.
Also, this is good news for the contractors and for employment even if it only
amounts to 50m€ when SNCF and partner company dedicate 4B€ a year on the
network.

The new trains are supposed to accommodate more people then the seemingly extra
costs will be recouped very quickly.

;-)

Philippe