Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 10:21:25 -0400
White Pages, an app for my iPhone, says the number is not valid. Doesn’t
surprise me. Apparently telemarketers and scammers have ways of generating
numbers for your caller id that suggests they are in your home area code,
sometimes in your home switching station. They are not. If I don’t recognize
the number, I am skeptical. If it’s not my area code, I don’t even answer. If
it’s important, they either will call back, or leave a message. If a number
keeps showing up, I block it.

People who _really_ need to get hold of me right away—or people that I like
<g>—know my cell. Anyone else can leave a message.

Our home phone, which used to be a landline, but now is Verizon Home Phone
Advantage, is nothing but a playground for telemarketers. I keep the number to
enter into all those blocks that require a phone number. That way, the junk
comes to the former landline. My cell phone has not been violated by scammers
and marketers more than a couple of times in five or six years.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal