Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 10:52:39 -0500
>   Well there are lot of things that cause me to lose sleep at night (the
> diagnosis I made yesterday that will cause someone to lose a limb, my
> teenage daughter starting to drive, etc.), but dying from cell phone
> induced cancer is not one of them. For a number of reasons:

Yes, the teenage daughter starting to drive is certainly more
concerning to me than the Geek Slab that I hold up to my head. (I
almost always use wired headset, though). DD#2 was involved in an
accident yesterday while doing drivers training. Downtown angle
parking. She pulled out of the spot, stopped and as she was putting
the vehicle into gear, a big surburban was backing out of the spot on
the other side of the street, crossed the line and ran into her LR
quarter panel. The other driver was 100% at fault, but it still gives
you pause.

Everybody is fine and she got to experience the accident reporting
process with the instructor. The other driver actually did at least
three rules violations that led up to the impact. The other girl that
has been sharing road time with her is REALLY scary and will probably
have to take the course a couple more times... Teaching driver's ed is
one thing that I could never do.

We haven't seen a rush of brain tumors, so I think we're going to be
fine, but we may not know the really long term affects until today's
30 year olds reach 60 or 70. Meanwhile, I'll keep drinking coffee too.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx