Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: IMG: WAS Nathan's PAW 22: NOW CLICK CLACK

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: IMG: WAS Nathan's PAW 22: NOW CLICK CLACK
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 10:48:08 -0500
> 432 m looks a bit long for the US technique ;-)

Not at all. It could be done here with no problem, except that we
prefabricate entire rail-tie sections and lift them into place as a
unit. But that also has more to do with the fact we don't do concrete
bases with rubber cushioning and concrete ties.

> And I can't make out the difference between bulk/freight and passenger lines
> since their are the same. Night = goods/mail   Day = passengers

The USA is a bit larger and spread out. We utilize the airways like
Europeans utilize rail. But part of that is the privatized economic
model that we use here. We could never afford air travel if it was
government run.

AG