Re: [OM] OT. Books

Subject: Re: [OM] OT. Books
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 18:52:55 -0700
On 6/6/2014 4:52 PM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
Only comment I made was that the book - ordered by ABE came in an Amazon wrapper

If you didn't know that Amazon bought Abe some time ago, perhaps you aren't
paying attention?

  and that I was mildly irritated that I paid £11.05 more than I would have paid at
"The Works" which has a store 8mls away from me  :-(>

But you chose not to go and look. Had that particular one not had it in stock, what other lengths would you have gone to? Someone else had the foresight to think there was a demand, the time to buy and list, and took the risk of no sale.

Why begrudge them payment for doing what you didn't?

It is a book I wanted, I am pleased to have found a copy, and the price is what
it was.

Indeed

Market Place Moose