Re: [OM] Advice on the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice on the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 09:57:36 -0500
> I am planning a driving trip this summer which will carry me through
> Gunnison and I'd like to go to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  I likely
> have
> a full afternoon/evening and will stay in Gunnison for the night.   Although
> I'd like to go down to the river, that will need to be a trip with Ken  and
> Joel so they can carry my body out of the Canyon.  My wife will be with
> me, any suggestions about what is not to be missed?  Bill  Barber

Obviously, the drive up from Silverton-Ouray is not to be missed, nor
rushed. Especially, rushed.

I've never been down in the Canyon, but would like to do it. Side
note: Joel and I don't do carcass dragging anymore. We figure a
combination of vultures and a pinhole camera would make great art.

BTW, last night I actually got to do a little finagling and figuring
on my next Isle Royale trip. Kayak next time.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx