Re: [OM] (OM) You want to take photos in France?

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) You want to take photos in France?
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:29:39 +0200
I take photos in France, well, used to.

Amities from behind the bars of Paris main photographers' jail.
Philippe
*************************************************************************************************************************

More seriously, the cases referred to deal with celebrities and the failure of
trash media to pay their due, in terms of respect a      nd/or sometimes ready
money …
http://toutsurlapressepeople.e-monsite.com/pages/la-presse-et-la-justice/la-presse-people-dans-le-collimateur-de-la-justice.html

>From my experience as a native shooting on the streets, so long as you're not
>spotted out the risk is extremely low and people don't really care.
There was a time when they would even have been proud of being the subjects…

OTT: minors are specifically protected. When we shoot "official" photos of kids
on outings for educational purposes, Alice ALWAYS gets releases from the
parents beforehand. Tedious job and large files sometimes ...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Les+Gens/2014-DAREIC-Parlement+Europeen-Groupe-4996.jpg.html
Which is paradoxical because the same kids will constantly be shooting and
posting selfies during the outing…

For adults, the general rule is that if you're in the public space, or engaged
in a public activity the courts will be ok.
An official shot during a public speech is no problem at all. The same person,
wearing shorts, a baseball cap and a marked T-shirt sipping beer in her garden
and you're found at fault.

Dogs rarely sue photogs, cats are hard to freeze, berets never complain and
flowers love that.

If you want to remain on the safe side, shoot your partner in front of a
church, a museum, or against the backs of a group of Chinese tourists, in a
word act as a tourist and forget HCB, Doisneau, etc. for a while.
Then slyly move the camera slightly to the right or left and swiftly shoot your
real target ;-) Instantly proceed to perform a double retake of the chinese
backs while shouting to partner that for the hundredth time, (s)he MUST smile
and keep her eyes open when you go click.

Amities
Philippe

Le 11 juin 2014 à 03:39, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Yes, this case is more about trespassing than photo rights.  This is what
> is really scary about photographing in France:
>
> http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/23/paris-city-of-rights/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
>
> Tina
>

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Michael R. Collins <
> MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Not photography per se, but trespassing, as I read it.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> On 14-06-10 9:11 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> (OMG) You want to take photos in France?
>>> Then read this.
>>> http://www.popphoto.com/news/2014/06/how-urban-exploration-
>>> almost-netted-one-photographer-15000-euro-fine-
>>> and-jail-time?src=SOC&dom=fb
>>>
>>> if that link doesn't work then maybe this one will
>>> http://www.popphoto.com/news/2014/06/how-urban-exploration-
>>> almost-netted-one-photographer-15000-euro-fine-and-jail-time?src=SOC
>>> Brian ( who hasn't tested the second link, but it seems like a logical