[OM] OT: Life in Tempe

Subject: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:50:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Early yesterday afternoon I was heading home and encountered a short
parade of police cars, SUVs, and motocycles.  When I got home there was one and
then two news helicopters hovering, one directly over my house at less than
500' elevation.  It was all because of this incident just around the corner
from me:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2014/06/11/shooting-near-tempe-school-abrk/10340739/

     The cops were there for most of the night with the streets barricaded and
the mobile command center all lit up.  I'm a bit relieved to read that they are
all in custody, however the people who fired the shots are still at large.
This sort of thing usually happens after sunset, but this took place in broad
daylight.

     Then this morning I woke up to this:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2014/06/12/two-priests-stabbed-phoenix/10359901/

and while looking for the online articles about these two events I came across
this:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2014/06/12/tempe-bicyclist-killed-hit-by-semi-abrk/10370699/

     Someone please tell the driver that I would like to get off this planet at
the next stop.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson