Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:20:37 +1000
> On 13 Jun 2014, at 8:16 am, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I find the exhaust note of it to be quite pleasing too. But I also
> like the muted throat clearing that my 4.4L X5 has. Comparable
> performance and creature comforts.

Yes, it was our comparison at the time (and the Range Rover Sport, but then we
remembered we owned a Land Rover and all the many reasons it was going as the
trade). The BMW V8's have always seemed to have that subdued note of
satin-lined cylinders (though it opens up nicely too). It was definitely in the
"Pros" column for that. It may even arguably have been objectively marginally
better. But the Porsche was more of a "For once in your life" thing for Peter,
hard to pass. And I agreed (with no premise that I could option up photography
gear in the future at all ;) ).

> If you don't need the license, don't bother. Besides, on your 1000
> square miles of outback that you have now, you can get away with
> driving an old beater Ute around.

Or a farm quad, because I'm all about finding new and interesting ways to kill
myself.

Cheers,
Marc ribs-twinging Lawrence
Snowy Mts, Oz