Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:51:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>How can you shoot RAW BW with these?
>We've had a 400, 410, 510 and 620 none of which did shoot RAW BW for all I
>know???

     I just checked my 510, and it will record B&W in RAW, RAW+HQ, RAW+SQ, HQ,
and SQ.

>From the start I think you're trying to achieve something that neither the
>camera nor any piece of
>software can deliver. Just a feeling.
>HQ, did you mean high quality JPEGS? SQ = standard quality JPEGs? these have
>nothing whatsoever to
>do with the balance of colours in a BW conversion.

     I have been wondering as of late if the form of JPEG recording will affect
the application of the emulated filters?  My JPEG recordings have been with 1/8
compression SQ and I see no difference when using any of the colour filters.
Could it be that RAW and HQ with no compression are to be used if the filters
are to function?  I'll add the HQ witout compression to my experiments to see
if there is a difference.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson