Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:45:44 +0200
Let me clarify: when I am out training, I never use the sidewalk or even the
bike path since you cannot go fast on those. When running errands, I do, as is
normal here. I am a self-confessed Lycra Lout and will run red lights, stop
signs and such, whenever it is safe to do so (i.e. whenever there are no cars
or other traffic to which I need to yield). But going against the traffic on a
one-way street with intersecting roads is very dangerous since people who are
coming out of the side roads are not going to be looking in the direction from
which you are approaching. They will look only in the direction from which they
expect traffic to come and so are likely to turn into your path. At the same
time, since they are coming out of side streets, you may not see them in time
in an urban environment.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman