Re: [OM] Giving a Mac R/W access on a usb hd

Subject: Re: [OM] Giving a Mac R/W access on a usb hd
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:58:47 -0400
My preference has been to format my "interchangeable" external hard drives in NTFS.

I have a read/write NTFS driver installed on Mac OS X, and all is well; I've had no troubles with Tuxera NTFS, cost is E25 / USD 31 per system. I did start with NTFS-3G, which is free and IIRC worked fine, I can't remember why I switched to the commercial product.

That said, exFAT is a good solution for flash drives, if that's the concern, NTFS is overkill for them.

Michael