Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:43:09 -0400
I need some help on this one as I don't understand what you were trying to illustrate with the use of a red filter on a positive image. If you were using a red filter on B&W negative film one would expect the blue sky to be darkened. But, since you're working on a positive image that doesn't happen. All that happens is that most of the blue and green are filtered out. If you then attempt to convert this image to B&W you get little more than the tonality that was in the red channel. Using the color channel sliders is ineffective since there's very little blue and green left in the image and that's only in the shadow areas. Perhaps that's what you intended but, if so, to what purpose?

Chuck Norcutt