Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:04:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      Duh!  I had completely overlooked that!  And I should know better.  So,
>> instead of filtering
>>with the complementary colour as we are used to we now instead filter with
>>the primary colour.
>

>Uh, no. Same effect. Negative-Positive has nothing to do with it. The
>filters are all about the scene/subject, not the "film". A red filter
>effectively darkens greens regardless of the recording technology.

     I tried it anyway.  Took a photo of a tree to the north in RAW colour.
Then added the #47 blue filter and took another photo in RAW colour.  When I
converted the second photo to JPEG B&W (no filtering) it came out black no
matter what I did with the saturation, etc.  Strange.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson