Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:52:41 -0700
On 6/16/2014 4:44 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
Yup - too complex - a load of information which the driver may choose to ignore.

I don't think so. The drawing is simple and quite graphic, showing just where you will be crushed - instant communication. And, of course, the exact same thing is on most of them, so one need not read the words at all each time.

'Huh', he thinks, 'so does my wife. So what?'
Lacks a sense of urgent danger

Not much the truckers/gov't can do about that.

Some years ago, Calif experimented with freeway off ramps. They supplemented the usual big, bright, red and white "WRONG WAY - DO NOT ENTER" signs with additional deterrents, including a sensor to trigger many bright flashing lights and a flashing sign.

The result was that they didn't do enough good; those few, special people went
right on up the wrong way anyway.

Eyes Peeled Moose