Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:21:08 -0500
Bob in the Sand wrote:
> I recognize this and won’t argue the point (much as I’d like to <wink>). I’ve
> made my bed and I’m sleeping soundly in it, and what I don’t know doesn’t
> seem to be hurting me. At this stage of my game, I’ve got to see some
> _serious_ upside to switch to anything with which I’m not already fluent.
> Been there so, so many times and been so, so frustrated for so long. I have a
> reasonable working knowledge of what I use now and that’s going to have to
> suffice.

I've taken a similar approach to my photography. Granted, we've gone
entirely different directions, but I'm a hack at this, while you are
actually halfway decent. Yet, what you are doing is taking the Amish
approach to this. You don't miss what you never had.

I can be VERY pleased with my BOSE speakers and enjoy the sound from
them a lot. Until I listen to a set of really nice reference monitors.

I'm reminded of "Bench Bob" and his medium-format digital backs,
Leicas and his Canons. Looking through his on-line images, I could
figure out what camera was used for almost all of the images. Without
a comparative, the Canons produced excellent results. But when
compared to the Leica and MFDB images, they appeared off. No amount of
calibration would make them look like anything different. I think that
CH Ling would agree.

Ken

--
Ken Norton