Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography - A Revelation

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography - A Revelation
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:33:06 +0800
In the film age, different films were created for different purpose. Velvia
for landscape, Astia for portrait and Provia for general purpose/products...
I believe they have went through lots of test by color experts to get
those results.

These became a common language for old film shooters. If you like a
film's color, you would want it to reproduce the same in digital.
There are new languages like Canon, they have "Standard, Portrait,
Landscape, Neutral, Faithful and Monochrome". Unfortunately, they can
never produce the look that I wanted so I have to create a profile that can
simulate one of my favorite film Velvia 50.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

But I always have to ask myself why I would want any of my digital images
to look like some particular type of film.  I don't.

Chuck Norcutt