Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography - A Revelation

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography - A Revelation
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:16:24 +1000
It was the royal plural.

No, it was the universal plural, the 'we're all in this together' consumer
market of which we are a part, even if we claim to be somehow above all that.
I am unsure as to whether the modern form of the SLR, standard or EVIL, is the
way it is because it has slowly and organically developed into the best
possible shape for the purpose - or whether it is the result of 100 years of
marketing development. I suspect that it's a bit of both, considering how bad
some designs are in the hand. Certainly the sensor meant that a camera could be
a very different shape if we wanted and there were some amusing experiments,
especially by Sony but we swiftly reverted to camera designs that were typical
of 1990's film cameras.
The main argument against you is that the latest mirrorless cameras still have
something that looks like a prism on top.Utterly unnecessary element.  Why? So
that it looks just like a proper camera only small.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Author/Publisher:
The SLR Compendium,The TLR Compendium