Re: [OM] Lightroom 3.3

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom 3.3
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:41:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> Would this be available by way of the PRESET option under the
>> DEVELOP tab?
>
>Yes
>
>once satisfied with one rendition you can save the parameters you like
>as a preset you title
>it will then be accessible on the left-hand side, under user's presets
>- below the glass filters already provided by LR ... ;-)
>
>Just retested in LR 3.6

     Okay, I think I understand this but I'm going to have to play with it.
The B&W presets provided LR do not strike me as being fully mature.  For
instance, the red present does not conform well with a Wratten #25 red filter.
But, I can see how I could develop a library of custom presets that would
conform with those by possible taking a photo of a white card with the filter
in place, then saving the B&W data as a new preset.

     This could be a very powerful B&W conversion tool, if it works in some
manner where I can create Wratten filter presets and then apply them to future
image conversions.  I have the Kodak manual that has extensive transmission
tables for their Wratten filters.

     I managed to find what appears to be a wonderful IR preset but have not
tried it yet.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson