Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 68, Issue 21

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 68, Issue 21
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:26:41 -0700
On 6/19/2014 7:02 AM, Scott Gomez wrote:
5. Why I said "write first" not "edit first". Formatting slows one down
considerably when the objective is really just to get the data/one's
thoughts/the report/whatever written.

My oldest friend, at least in time of service, is an author and was also an editor for many years always eschewed WYSIWYG editors. I can't imagine he's still using his DOS editor, but who knows.

Write all the words, let the folks who format things do their job later, was his process. He's pumping out books faster now that he's retired from the publishing house where he was an editor. I'll try to remember to ask him what his workflow is now.

With several tens of books published with his name on them, from original material, through various sorts of edited works, I figure he knows what he's talking about.

None of my three books so far have a single word of text inside. :-)

I suppose if any ever go to 'real' publishing, I'll have to add some words?

A Picture Is Worth a Moose