[OM] Moose is off

Subject: [OM] Moose is off
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 23:00:39 -0400 (EDT)
Helminthicidal Moose writes:

Any reports on the new horse Cam? I'm still enjoying my GM1, but it
travels by
Turtle, not horse. :-)

and:
Although I found some advantages in NR to Viewer 3 for Oly over ACR
and NI, a brief play with SilkyPix didn't show me any immediate advantages over ACR for GX7/GM1 files.

Thanks for comments. Horse cam survived with some sensor dust only. I was correctly advised not to bring any gear on 6k gallop on the beach. PIE worked well and was able to geotag most of the files. Only processed a very few and don't really know how to handle them yet. ACR reads the 12-32 metadata to correct Geometric distortion and CA, I believe, but not sure how much geometric distortion it actually fixes. That is adjustable in DXO and I can see how much the framing could/should change. The default color handling is easier in ACR this time but prime NR very very good in DXO OP. The default deconvolution in DOP is too heavy handed which wasn't the case with 5DII. Here's a preliminary go at one file anyway:

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/Catalonia-2014/42180245_63nGfP#!i=3335053309&k=SbNbQ4N&lb=1&s=M

Mike