Re: [OM] 8mm OM analogue 2.8 OM fisheye users please contact me off-list

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm OM analogue 2.8 OM fisheye users please contact me off-list
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:19:58 +0000
The only real possible solution for this is extract the inner element pair
(presuming it's a cemented pair), de-cement them, and re-cement them with
new cement. Edmund Optics carries the tools and supplies you would need
for this. It's not a trivial piece of work, and would only be worth trying
on an otherwise useless lens.

The above assumes the fogging is in the cementing, which is probable.
However, some types of glass can chemically change with time, effectively
dissipating some of their materials to the surface of the glass, resulting
in permanent haze. Not sure if the OM fisheyes are of that nature or if
it's cemented elements that are to blame.

The mamiya RZ67 75mm shift/SB lenses have a common ailment like this too,
in a rear cemented pair.

-Ed