[OM] OM to MFT SB anyone?

Subject: [OM] OM to MFT SB anyone?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 19:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_SPOM-m43-BM1

I think AG may have alluded to this guys existance. Perhaps much less compelling now that A7(r) are available. I think the tripod mount must be removed to use on EM-1. The optics are supposed to be even better than the EF to Nex.

As an aside, have not felt compelled to get the A7r. The lack of EFC, lousy menus, suboptimal ergonomics, poor battery life and ? poor dust handling makes one wish to wait perhaps.

Still with focus peaking in the EVF it is the clearly the cat's meow for OM use on FF back. OM lenses for whatever reason do seem to perform nicely with this combinaton. AG was clearly salivating over this cam but not quite enough to pull the trigger. I can't image he wouldn't for the A7R MkII with improvment sin all the above and EFC. It is difficult ot make use of the full 36 megapickles though unless one mitigates the SS.

Sony never really admitted any problem whatsoever--see this 3rd party review:

http://www.photozone.de/sonyalphaff/870-sony70200f4oss?start=1

snip-----
"The A7R creates rather massive shutter vibrations that are a game spoilers when using tele-lenses - even with activated OSS."

Probably overstates the case , but still...... The new Nykon D810 has an EFC with similar/same sensor so it must be coming at some point.

SB or no SB,  Mike