Re: [OM] [OT] Encryption advice

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Encryption advice
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:04:21 +0200
<<
I've decided that I'd like to have a small, virtual disk where
everything on the disk is encrypted.  It would be used to hold things
like password lists, tax returns or anything else that I wouldn't want
divulged for personal security reasons.  I do use some encryption
software today on individual files but would like the convenience of
having everything on a given disk be automatically encrypted and
decrypted.  Just give a single password at boot time to activate the
encrypted disk and be done with it for the day.
Advice?

I offer only one: stay away. And I do it based on personal experience
of the encryption software (Symantec PGP) I have to use on the
corporate laptop I have - lot of problems. And I'm not sure you can
ecrypt a virtual disk, I have to encrypt the whole disk.

Ralf