Re: [OM] OT: Cultural differences in PS users

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Cultural differences in PS users
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:53:39 -0700
On 6/27/2014 12:30 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
It may not be new to you all, yet I found this extremely interesting

Yes, I've seen that before. It's engaging, but I'm not sure it's much more than that. If, for example, I look at the US 'entry', I see something wildly at odds with ideas of beauty in my part of whatever subculture I'm a part of, as well as at odds with the public standard as portrayed in our media.

She contacted/contracted with individuals in each place, with no criteria at all to attempt to determine how much their personal taste might correlate with cultural norms. Didn't I see two wildly different 'entries' from The Philippines?

So I find it an interesting survey of variations in personal taste, but not supportable as representative of Nations and cultures.

Except for one thing. It appears everyone thinks skin should be plastic smooth.
:-)

Moose D'Opinion