Re: [OM] Cars

Subject: Re: [OM] Cars
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:30:19 -0500
The vast majority of the price difference is in fuel taxes. The taxes here
pay for road maintenance. The taxes there pay for public transit. We
migrated away from public transit here because of the extreme costs with
little benefit. The market decided.

As to the camera topic, well, my daily driver is the X5. That's slightly
more than any one camera in the kit, but the entire camera kitis pretty
close.

I agree with Chris on the vslue of the bigger vehicles. The hidden costs of
econobox cars are numerous. Both the Caprice and Crown Vic were produced as
taxi and police fleet vehicles and are constructed as reinforced concrete
blocks on wheels. My SUVs are the same way. But we also have a Toyota Prius
and live in a solar house...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx