Re: [OM] OT: Weather Outlook

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Outlook
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:56:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      If you think it's raining a lot now, wait until next week.  A very
>> large area of storm activity off the Mexican Pacific coast is forecast to
>> form a tropical cyclone in the next week.  GFS shows this storm traveling
>> to the northwest where it will merge with the jet stream.  This will inject
>> a massive amount of moisture into the jet stream, which should arrive in
>> the northern Great Plains, Midwest, and northeast US by next weekend.
>>

>Yup, dry we are not.

    This morning's NHC forecast now shows that there is an 80% chance of a
tropical cyclone formation.  A ridge of high pressure is developing from the
Gulf of California northward through the intermountain region into Canada, so
we here in the southwest are very unlikely to see any moisture from this storm.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson