Re: [OM] Jay Bird

Subject: Re: [OM] Jay Bird
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:29:28 -0400
They're very good considering coming through a double glazed window.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/27/2014 3:08 PM, Paul Laughlin wrote:
Yes, Chuck.  The camera is on a tripod around 18 ft from the feeding
station.  There is a double glazed window 5 or 6 feet in front of the
camera.  At max zoom it gives me a fairly decent frame on the small
birds.  Have to zoom out a bit for the jays.  It is situated so that I
can turn from the computer and grab the pistol grip on the ball head
with my left hand and the remote shutter release with my right and shoot
bursts.  The distances were not planned for the camera, but just
happened to really work well.
Paul in Portland OR