Re: [OM] Where is Nathan !

Subject: Re: [OM] Where is Nathan !
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:59:03 -0500
> I am just about to book the UK version for myself and eldest son  (which I
> watched a pals wife do earlier this year - a birthday present from him :-)
> )  with speeds estimated around 100mph  zipworld.co.uk although we will
> probably do the titan version.

Our church organization has our own retreat/summer camp facility here
in Iowa that has six or seven ziplines now. They started out with
five, and added a couple more this year. The terminus of one is near
the start of the next one and you can go in a loop. Everybody has
their favorites, as some are REALLY fast, others are quite long and
others go out over some pretty big gullies.

In looking at the picture of the girl on the zipline there at the
border crossing, I don't think that configuration is allowed here.
She's being suspended by a single strap from a set of single clips.
Ours is a double setup with one mechanical connection and a redundant
safety loop. But we also ride a lot closer to the cable too.

Our organization has multiple sets of hardware which is used for only
a week before it is sent off for x-raying and inspection. There are
enough sets of hardware to get us through all of our major camp
sessions without having to rush to get the stuff back. Very expensive
to have that many sets of stuff, but it's the cost of doing business.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx