[OM] OT: Meteorological Mayhem

Subject: [OM] OT: Meteorological Mayhem
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:32:50 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     What could be worse than an Eastern Pacific tropical storm?  TWO Eastern
Pacific tropical storms.  TS Douglas formed up late yesterday, and now we have
TS Elida.  These two are going to pump a lot of moisture into the jet stream
this weekend, all of which will probably miss us here.

     But wait!  There's more!  In the next couple of days our first Atlantic
tropical cyclone (to be named Arthur) will develop just east of Miami.  And if
it moves at the predicted speed it may very likely have a head-on collision
with the moisture from the Eastern Pacific storms.  Try to imagine what the
result of that will be.  Just try.

     In the meantime, we will have the fifth longest period ever of no
measureable rain here in Phoenix by this weekend.  Our last measureable rain
was a meagre 0.05" back on 2 March.  I measured 1.45" here that day.  My
longest period without rain here was 175 days.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson