Re: [OM] Cars

Subject: Re: [OM] Cars
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 15:04:17 +0800 (WST)
Hi Andrew,

> Deep hidden gully right? (I've done that).

No hidden gully, apparently I broke the steering rod, no
idea how but I was told it must have been me because I
was the only one driving it :)

> I've seen landcruisers totally rotted out underneath and axles totalled after
just 18 months.
> But they were being hauled out of deep zinc mines in Tasmania (very
corrosive environment).

ok, that explains it, I've seen rusty LC cabs in Esperance but no
more than the rust on the HiLux's, and I'll take a Land Cruiser
on a mine site anyday compared to a Hilux, better center of
gravity but then I've never worked in a zinc mine, just gold
and nickel.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.