[OM] Lightroom Help

Subject: [OM] Lightroom Help
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 09:28:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been hacking my way through Lightroom 3.3 for some time now.  Seems
that if you want to use the HELP/F1 tab you have to be online, and then it does
a universe-wide search on Google for any topic.  Great.  Helps if you're
imortal.  Went another route and found a third party that explained how to
import presets.  Painfully simple, it turned out.

     I had found a site that provided a short set of Wratten filter presets,
and they work just fine, especially the short set of yellow, orange, and red
offerings:

http://outdoorimages.blogspot.com/2008/05/lightroom-presets-available-black-white.html

so now I am able to further evaluate Lightroom using a feature that I needed.
But now, I have a desire to take the JPEG images of Wratten filters I made
using FilterSim and convert them into presets so that I have the complete
complement of simulated glass filters.

     The files for the presets are written in some form of C++, so all I need
is to determine the values for the various colours, edit the preset file, then
save it as a new file.  Is there some way of importing those images, looking at
the colour sliders, and saving the entire lot as a preset?  If so, that would
make Lightroom a desireable tool.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson