[OM] Colour to B&W Conversion

Subject: [OM] Colour to B&W Conversion
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 17:41:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I ended up uninstalling LR3 b efore my blood pressure peaked.  It ground
to a halt and wouldn't even import a photo from anywhere.

     So I went on an all-out web assault, looking for anything at all.  And I
may have found a winner at http://www.photo-plugins.com/.  They have a B&W
conversion plugin that works with PS7.  It includes a small handful of film
simulations, and with the sliders available you can create more such presets
and save them for future use:

http://www.photo-plugins.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=6&Itemid=43

     Downloaded the ZIP file, unzipped it, the copied the 8BF file into the
PhotoShop Filters folder.  Worked right away.  I've tried this on a few photos
and it works fine.  Wait until you compare the PS7 sliders with films like
Tri-X.

     My trial period for Exp6 expired, so I'll download it onto my Win7 backup
hard drive and copy all of the B&W and IR film emulation settings.  Unless, of
course, someone here can do that ahead of me.

     Funny how all of that costly software fell short of the mark and then this
freeware did the job adequately, just like FilterSim did for simulating glass
filters.  And it was written for Win95.

     Free is good.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson