Re: [OM] The Adobe tax - Chris & Jez

Subject: Re: [OM] The Adobe tax - Chris & Jez
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 18:59:30 -0400
One could do the same thing with ACR and PhotoShop. No intermediate file is required, that's just my own choice of work flow. In Lightroom you can adhere to the view that you're working against the raw file only since the only things you're doing are what can be done by ACR. What gets done to a file in PhotoShop can't necessarily be expressed except by a multi-layered version of the edited file.

I can't argue that Lightroom can do it cheaper than PhotoShop and that's fine if LR's limited editing is sufficient. But it's not sufficient for me.

Chuck Norcutt