Re: [OM] Time to revise the pano hardware plan

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to revise the pano hardware plan
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 19:21:38 -0400
I do have a couple of ball heads but the ball heads introduce another problem. The ball head gives you a simple method of having a level mounting surface but cannot itself be used as a rotation point for the pano. That would require adding a rotating mounting surface on top of the ball head such as this <http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fluid-Panoramic-Panorama-Panning-Base-Head-Tripod-Clamp-Compatible-Arca-/221381012671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338b562cbf> which has already been mentioned here a couple of times.

I don't remember who but I think someone spoke of using two of these to get shifts in 2 directions but I didn't understand how they were to be put together. Perhaps the second head has to be attached to some form of Arca Swiss sliding plate riding in the grooves of the first head.

Chuck Norcutt