Re: [OM] Time to revise the pano hardware plan

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to revise the pano hardware plan
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 07:48:00 -0400
Actually, I don't believe this one (specific to E-M5, not generic) causes battery interference. The design of the base appears identical to my current E-M5 aluminum grip which doesn't interfere with the battery.

But it does interfere with the SD card. So far I've been choosing to use the USB cable but that's almost as big a pain as removing the grip. The biggest problem with using the USB cable is that if I have lots to download I go off somewhere and do something else. That sets the stage for forgetting to disconnect the USB cable which often leads to a dead battery.

But I persist because, unlike you, I really do like the grip. It's one other reason that I've thought of buying an E-M1. The grip is already there.

Chuck Norcutt