Re: [OM] T32 for Macro--question

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 for Macro--question
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:01:53 +0000 (UTC)
I used a pair of T32s with nd filters at 8 inches (either side) for years on a
2n & ttl, iso 100, bellows, 38 macro.  Static subject, no problems.  Obviously
not the same situation as butterflies.  I now use a pair of Canon 540s with
digital on manual for the multiple power steps shooting mayflies.  I'm sure
there are better ways too.

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 14:42:45 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] T32 for Macro--question

But it does look as though his ND3 filter is working.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/8/2014 9:35 AM, Chris Trask wrote:> The T-32 is a bit too powerful to be
used as a macro flash. I've been using an old Vivitar 5000 ring flash that has
a GN of 18 at ASA100 and can be used down to 1 foot. It attaches to the nose of
the lens so that light is even from all directions.