Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flowers - Ken

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flowers - Ken
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:55:13 -0700
On 7/8/2014 8:41 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
First, I think the little girl in the frame is almost perfectly positioned.

Yup

For this composition, I believe it’s best that she be walking out of the frame. If I had to
pick the nits (and I won’t), I’d say you pulled the trigger just a tad too soon. I
would like to see her a few steps farther along.

Nope

And please don’t blame us as a nation for ice cubes in wine. Only the ne’er-do-wells and
rapscallions do that, and a very few folk who should know better. Joan and I once took a very nice bottle of Pino
Noir to the home of some friends, and were horrified when the hostess took the bottle and said,
“I’ll just stick this in the fridge and chill it down.” Gives me the shivers every time I
think about it.

The latest thing I'm seeing on-line and in shops we visit when traveling is special "Wine Cubes", made of various metals, stones, etc. I suppose inappropriate cooling without inappropriate watering down may be an improvement?

"Ah yes, I detect a hint of fine Carrera marble, blah, blah, blah ... and a slightly
stoney finish."

Then again, all "Taste" is essentially arbitrary, a way for one group to separate itself from another, and elevate or demean themselves and each other.

[Heads down! Incoming from OZ!!!]

As for liquor, you have us all wrong. Where I come from, it’s spelled likker. Well, actually you
don’t have it all wrong. Spell-Check tells me the correct spelling is liquer. Blech. I’m one
‘murkin who appreciates the o. I typically spell it whisky, as that’s what I drink, with an
occasional dram of Tennessee whiskey in tea with lemon and honey.

Another stupid affectation - although one to which I subscribe. Does any one really get confused as to what's being talked about? In my limited experience, it's a named brand, Scotch or Whiskey that's ordered, and no confusion ensues.

BTW, the only error in a NYT crossword of which I was absolutely sure was to do
with that 'e'. :-)

Yes, I do one or two Sunday crosswords a day when I'm home. Fortunately, by the time I work my way through several books, I can start over again. :-P

Crossed Words Moose