Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:38:07 +0100
Piers

You’re probably right, about the regulation of air vehicles, manned or not.

Our aircraft were civilian registered and so were bound by the Rules of the
Air, as the ANO seems to be called in certain circumstances.  In particular we
were not allowed to fly at 250ft agl, like most military pilots, and we had to
maintain 500ft clear of “persons, vehicles, vessels or structures”, whatever we
were doing, except on takeoff or landing.

Chris