Re: [OM] More DxO, better news

Subject: Re: [OM] More DxO, better news
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:16:24 -0700
On 7/14/2014 12:18 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I happened to have some shots of engineering drawings taken at a meeting
With GM1 and 12-32 @ 32 mm, close focus.
One other option which SOMETIMES works...

Take several pictures both horizontal and vertical and do a PhotoMerge
Panorama in PhotoShop. If you are lucky, it will not only line of the
segments, but will also straighten the lines.

Waaaay too much work for something that may or may not work. There are several
easier ways to skin that cat.
---------
For the specific subject that started this thread:

$99 for DxO works very well, and dead simple.

Manual correction in ACR or PS is almost as good.

PTLens has profiles for most of the 4/3 and µ4/3 lenses, which I haven't tried
yet.
You are not, of course, thinking µ4/3 lenses. I used PTLens for my OM mount MF lenses with quite good results. Certainly better than I could expect with any reliability from such a multi merge, and it only took one shot.

Simplicity Moose