Re: [OM] DxO sale

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO sale
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:01:51 -0700
On 7/14/2014 2:42 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Why NeatImage and FocusMagic upfront.  Why not ACR for noise reduction and
deconvolution.

ACR NR is not as good as NI. NI can create noise profiles for different cameras and ISOs. And the NR and resharpening is highly tunable by noise frequency, then those settings may also be saved by camera and ISO. Better results, to my eye.

ACR doesn't do deconvolution. It does USM sharpening. Different process,
different results. Again, not as good.

They don't work for me, may be fine for others.

NI and FM up front generally create a base image well suited to further work.

Persnickety Moose