[OM] QR codes

Subject: [OM] QR codes
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:33:27 -0700
Are people still using them or are they last weeks technology? I have a stupid fone so don't use them myself and never visit places where peole might. Do ithings or android phones come with the app installed? If not I'd post a link but doubt people would use it.

I'm thinking of using them at a few trailheads around here which have cell reception with the admonition to get it (map) here while you can. We've numerous people getting lost in the maze of trails. We do provide paper maps but the expense is an issue and they go out of date so we can't buy too many at a time.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/trails/NorthernTrails_Q-code.jpg>

I'd like to make a map available for download that would allow tracking with the phone gps. Anyone know where to start? I'm a total noob.

Mike