Re: [OM] IMGs: Weekend Storm Damage

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Weekend Storm Damage
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 16:41:19 -0400
  Rain is a likely contributing factor, Chuck. I can't tell the type of
pine from the photos but they seem to have a different type of root system
than the pines of the SE USA. The pines around here have a deep central tap
root that extends multiple meters into the ground, so they rarely uproot in
storms. But they do have a tendency to break off about three meters above
the ground in a big blow. Hence most of my photos from Hurricane Hugo are
filled with "pine tree triangles".

Charlie