Re: [OM] IMGs: Weekend Storm Damage

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Weekend Storm Damage
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:57:22 -0400
I was outside talking to my neighbor just before the storm with the tornado hit. I saw it coming, warned him and then ran for the open door of my garage on the other side of the house. As soon as I got into the house there was a tremendous clatter as quarter-size hemishperical hail started raining on the roof and gutters. At that moment I realized I'd forgotten to close the garage door. When I ran out of the door from the house into the garage I nearly slipped and fell over since there was about a 2" thick layer of quarter size hail on the floor half way into the open garage. I doubt that more than a minute or two had elapsed since I had started running to get into the house. I can't imagine what it would have been like to get hit with that much ice.

Then, probably as the tornado passed, the screen enclosure over the pool suddenly filled with dense fog and it was not possible to see outside the house. I didn't discover the downed tree for several hours as it was about 75 yards away and mostly hidden from view.

Chuck Norcutt