Re: [OM] QR codes

Subject: Re: [OM] QR codes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:13:28 -0400
I have an Android app called CoPilot for my Nexus 7 that is a GPS mapper with a full map of the US (Canada and Mexico too if you pay more). It hasn't gotten much use since we have two other GPS units we use when traveling but using CoPilot you can browse around the country much as you might do with Google maps. But Google maps on Android is limited to only a partial map downloaded from wifi. CoPilot doesn't get used very much but for $10 offers some useful function the others don't have. I understand that the "pro" version of CoPilot is popular amongst truckers.

I also found out the hard way that certain apps don't necessarily shut down when you put the tablet to sleep. YouTube videos will continue to run and CoPilot keeps the GPS running. Let the GPS run overnight and you'll have a dead battery in the morning.

Chuck Norcutt