Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 06:23:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>That's a pretty small sample size on which to base a sweeping
>generalization of people.  When multiple people recruited from different
>areas of the country behave as you have described then I think the
>problem is their management.  They must have been extremely unsatisfied
>to put up with such moving disruption in their lives. I suspect
>management promised more than they could deliver and not necessarily in
>salaries.  In fact, salaries would be the last problem I would suspect.

     Actually, it was facially more sinister than that.  They were recruiting
significant people from their competitors and then benching them, effectively
depleting the technical staff of their competitors.  The corporate culture
inside that place would have made a good suspense thriller.  The people they
recruit right out of universities and tech schools saw that as being normal,
and they took that culture with them wherever they went.  Myself, after growing
up in the army followed by active USAF duty, I knew much better, and I was
determined to retire at the age of 50 so I could better enjoy life.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson